As you all know I am up for re-election on November 6th. I need your prayers, help, support, and vote during this election. Also, if you would like a yard sign please give us a call at (803)-279-8855 or come by my office and pick one up.
Absentee voters Information:
Absentee voters include:
1. Members of the Armed Forces or Merchant Marine serving outside their county of residence and their spouses and dependents residing with them (click here for additional information)
2. Persons serving with the American Red Cross or with the United Service Organizations (USO) who are attached to and serving with the Armed Forces outside their county of residence and their spouses and dependents residing with them
3. Overseas Citizens (click here for additional information)
4. Persons who are physically disabled
5. Students attending school outside their county of residence and their spouses and dependents residing with them
6. Persons who for reasons of employment will not be able to vote on election day
7. Government employees serving outside their county of residence on Election Day and their spouses and dependents residing with them
8. Persons who plan to be on vacation outside their county of residence on Election Day
9. Persons serving as a juror in state or federal court on Election Day
10. Persons admitted to the hospital as emergency patients on Election Day or within a four-day period before the election
11. Persons with a death or funeral in the family within three days before the election
12. Persons confined to a jail or pre-trial facility pending disposition of arrest or trial
13. Persons attending sick or physically disabled persons
14. Certified poll watchers, poll managers, and county election officials working on Election Day
15. Persons sixty-five years of age or older
16. Persons who for religious reasons do not want to vote on a Saturday (Presidential Primaries Only)
My Newest Endorsement:
Dear Representative Hixon,
NFIB is the nation’s leading small business advocacy organization. Every two years NFIB compiles a voting record for each member of the South Carolina Legislature. We only use votes that directly impact small businesses in South Carolina.
I am pleased to announce that based on your voting record on the issues NFIB supported in 2017-2018 the NFIB/SC PAC is proud to endorse your candidacy for office in 2019. The political action committee is comprised exclusively of NFIB members.
The 2017-2018 NFIB South Carolina Voting Record included legislation regarding:
– Automatic Stay
– Nuisance Lawsuits
– Exemptions from certain unemployment compensation filing requirements
– Prohibiting local governments from requiring an employee benefit
Your voting record demonstrates a commitment to the issues critical to the success of South Carolina’s small businesses. On behalf of NFIB members in South Carolina, thank you for your support of small business in the South Carolina Legislature. Your information will be included in our voting guide which is sent to all NFIB members within your district.
For more information about NFIB, please visit https://www.nfib.com